NO LIMITS HALF MARATHON AND 5K RUN
The No Limits Half Marathon and 5K run will take place at Texas Motor Speedway in partnership with The Cowtown Marathon, Inc. to benefit Speedway Children's Charities-Texas Chapter.
Race Day: Saturday, October 26,2013
Start Times: TBD
Both races will start on the infield of Texas Motor Speedway.
How do I register a team?
Each team member will be timed individually and run the entire distance of the race. The advantage of team registration is camaraderie and team discounts. You need at least 10 people to form a team. More questions about team registration? click here
Does the No Limits Half Marathon and 5K run donate to charity?
Yes, it will benefit Speedway Children's Charities-Texas Chapter. Since 1997, Speedway Children's Charities at Texas Motor Speedway has distributed more than $8 million in funding to non-profit organizations in North Texas supporting children in need. The funds distributed by Speedway Children's Charities are raised through special events held throughout the year. Most of Speedway Children's Charities events are geared around the three major race weeks at Teas Motor Speedway. Operating as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, the mission of Speedway Children's Charities is to care for children in educational, financial, social and medical need in order to help them lead productive lives. Speedway Children's Charities could fill the grandstands at Texas Motor Speedway 14 times with the number of children we have helped since 1997. Our reach is far and the dollars we raise go directly to help children in our community. Children's organizations in Collin, Dallas, Denton and Tarrant counties are eligible to apply for the Speedway Children's Charities annual Founders and Partner Grants. Qualified applicants must directly fulfill needs of children in our area and be a registered 501(c)(3) organization. Visit us online at www.scctexas.org to learn how you can help make the difference in the lives of children living in North Texas.
Where do I pick up my runner packet?
Can I have a friend pick up my packet for me?
Yes, just make sure they have a a copy of your bib confirmation that will be emailed to you or they know your full name and which race in which you are participating.
How long is the course open?
The Half Marathon will be open for 4.5 hours.
The 5K course will be open for 1.5 hours
May I wear my IPod?
Yes, you may wear your earphones along our courses. However, we ask that you keep one ear free to listen to instructions from the police and course officials along the routes. Please be safe!
Are strollers allowed?
Yes, strollers are allowed for the 5K event ONLY.
Strollers and baby joggers are permitted on the 5K route but all must start at the back of the race. No strollers or baby joggers are permitted in the Half Marathon.
Where are the fluid stations along the courses?
5K- There will be a fluid station with water provided at mile 1.5 and near the finish line.
Half Marathon-the fluid stations are located every 1.5 miles along the course. Each fluid station on the Half Marathon route will have water and an electrolyte replacement (Powerade). e-Gel Electrolyte Energy gels
will be provided at mile 8. there will be medical support at each station and port-o-potties.
Will there be pace leaders for the Half Marathon?
Yes, We have pace leaders for the Half Marathon for the following times: 1:50, 2:00, 2:10, 2:20, 2:30, 2:40, 2:50!
Do you offer cancellations or refunds?
Unfortunately, we are unable to give refunds, transfers, or deferments of race entries.
• Verify information on your Runner Number Bib. If there are errors in age, sex, or the race entered, your name could be omitted from the results. Make sure all errors are corrected before the race! Come see us at the Solutions Desk at packet pick up.
• Make sure your are wearing the correct bib color for the race you plan to run:
• Fill in “Important Medical Information” on the back of your Runner Number Bib.
• Pin the Runner Number Bib to the FRONT of your running clothes and keep in full view.
CHRONO TRACK Time Tag:
• Your Chrono Track time tag is attached to your race number.
• Follow the instructions on the Chrono Track time tag to attach to your running shoe.
• DO NOT leave the time tag on race number or you will not be timed.
• The time you cross the start and finish lines will be recorded; this will ensure you receive an accurate personal time.
General Race Information:
• 5K runners line up according to predicted pace-fast runners to the front, walkers to the rear.
• Half Marathon runners line up according to corral assignment printed on your bib.
• Wearing someone else’s runner number or Chrono Track Timing Tag. Make sure each runner wears his/her own runner number bib and Chrono Track Timing Tag.
• Crossing the finish line more than once. (Do not accompany slower friends across after you have finished)
• Not completing the entire course. No Shortcuts!
• Running in the incorrect race(bib color and number designate which race you are registered to run in).
• No runner number
• No chip, no time
Children separated from their group will be taken to the lost and found in the Liftmaster Nationwide Series Garage in the infield.